Wednesday, November 4, 2009

special orders.

one of my co-workers, annie, is on the decorating committee for The Zoe's Bone Marrow Buddies Masquerade Ball -- the charity for Riley Hospital that will have some hair treasures in its silent auction. the event is this weekend, and annie asked me to create a headband for her to wear in lieu of a mask. i love an assignment! her gown is a black halter top and a long pink and purple pleated bottom. the headband really needed to be funky and elegant at the same time, just like the dress.

annie's masquerade ball headband:




another special order came in as a pleasant surprise from jane, an acquaintance of mine from my Taylor University days. she asked for some pearl bobby pins to give as a birthday gift to a friend. lucky for her, i snagged some great vintage finds at the nashville flea market last weekend!

jane's birthday present bobby pins:



it's so fun to create things with specific people in mind. i am really excited about two wedding party projects that are coming up in the near future. more on that soon! for now, i am going to try to get this superglue off of my fingertips. ugh.

1 comment:

  1. You Go Girl. I love that you are having so much fun. Hey, I want some of those bobby pin pretties. That is all the rage at the studio right now. Let me know how much and I will be sending you some money!
    Love you
    Aunt Pammy

    ReplyDelete