Monday, November 30, 2009

bands and boots.

i'm keeping this short and sweet because i am rather sleepy at the moment. i've been working on a few new headbands. some are special orders, and some are for the Holiday Artisans Boutique in zionsville that starts this saturday. i went to the flea market yesterday and had a ball. i got some giant handfuls of unique vintage pieces that i can't wait to use!

some special order mother-daughter yarn flower bands for my old high school youth group leader, lori, and her adorable daughter, ella. (the pink and purple one is for ella, and the black and gray one is for lori.)


a special order for debbie's (a friend from work) daughter. debbie bought some brooches at a flea market and gave them to me to incorporate into pieces for her daughters. i had a small ceramic rose in my stash to match the ones in this brooch, so i put it to use! i have three more to make for debbie's daughters' christmas presents.


here are some new pieces for the Holiday Artisans Boutique (featuring a couple of my favorite new pieces from this weekend's flea market):




i still have about 5 or 6 more pieces to create before this weekend. i'm waiting for some special feathers to come in the mail, but i'm beginning to fear that they won't make it in time. here's hoping for the best!

oh! and this is my newest love (and newest addition to my christmas list):
 
i don't really have any winter shoes right now besides my tall boots. my little toesies get cold in ballet flats, and i have learned my lesson about wearing chucks in super cold weather. bad, bad news. i like that these are low and have the comfy sweater top. i can't wait for tara vs. indiana snowstorm at 5 a.m. before work.

goodnight, lovies.

No comments:

Post a Comment