Sunday, January 16, 2011

whatever it was.

my dear friend brittany shared a poem the other day written by em claire, a poet from seattle. i mentioned to brittany that i thought the poem was beautiful, so she shared em claire's web site with me where i found the rest of her work to be equally as wonderful.

this particular poem is my favorite:


i have a dandelion tattoo, and simple as dandelions are, i have a spiritual connection to that image. i take joy in knowing that others may have a similar connection or even just stop to take notice of them being anything besides pesky weeds. 

these words could not have come along at a better time. don't you just love stumbling upon a surprise that was intended for you when you needed it the most and expected it the least? 

i pray that you and i will both take notice of what has opened us to the live to our full potential, to love and cherish our own lives as the gifts they are. (a life well lived / a life well loved) 

2 comments:

  1. what I wonder is why it's only in my 25th year I discovered my love for poetry...I feel so much more complete in the presence of these words on this page written by that poet. :)

    love,
    BH in (sn)Omaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for sharing it with me, B! you are loved, as always, and i am praying for you and caldwell.

    ReplyDelete