Saturday, June 5, 2010

more side projects: handmade gifts.

it's a busy time of birthdays, weddings, graduations, and baby showers! i created some handmade goodies for a couple of recent events.

my friend tori just graduated from high school. she works with me at the coffee shop, and i just love her to death. as a graduation gift, i decided to give her a double-disc mix that i had promised her long ago. 


each cd is in a calico fabric pouch with sewn edges and a sewn-on track list, courtesy of my typewriter. the pouches have flaps that close to keep the cds safe and nestled in. i hope these songs bring her joy at indiana wesleyan next year!

on friday i traveled north to goshen, indiana (my birth place!) near my original hometown, nappanee. my oldest, dearest friend, heather had a really unique wedding that was completely free! it's such a cute story. i wanted to create part of brent and heather's wedding gift, so i decided on a handmade greeting card: 

(the Z is for zebell -- heather and brent's last name! the card is made from a paper bag, black & white cotton fabric and a lime green zig-zag stitch. i used my typewriter for the inside message and the "happy wedding" on the front.)

bffs since kindergarten. what a beautiful bride!

i have some more hair treasures wedding projects to work on this week, as well as some little goodies for a baby shower. busy, busy bee! handmade gifts are my favorite. give one to someone you love. ok? 

No comments:

Post a Comment