Tuesday, February 16, 2010

t-shirt --> dress.

so a few months ago we got these new uniform shirts at eagle creek, the cafe where i work. i altered mine immediately to be more form-fitting instead of a baggy t-shirt. back then i thought about turning one of my shirts into a dress so i could wear it with leggings, but i just couldn't find the time to do it.

yesterday on my day off, i finally turned one of my t-shirts into a little dress. i know it's kind of silly to go through so much work for a cafe uniform, but i guess it's just a way to express my individuality. funny how clothes can do that sometimes. it's nice to have options, too.

before: 

after:
(i used a black cotton gabardine blend for the outside. it's a little heavier than cotton, which helps to keep its shape. i also used a silky non-cling lining on the inside.)

the final product:
my new work outfit, complete with a hair treasure. hooray!

1 comment: