Tuesday, September 15, 2009

junk in the trunk.

i spent a couple hours at DL Lowry yesterday, representing my items at the trunk show. i didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being fairly low key with a steady flow of a few people. the other designers / sellers had more upscale items, so i felt slightly out of place at such a nice salon. i'm not quite sure if DL Lowry will purchase and keep my pieces, but i am hoping for the best. it would be great to create some good business relationships. it brings me joy to send my treasures out into the world, so if a salon could aid in that endeavor, i would be so happy!
i finally caught up on some sleep and tonight went on a little shopping spree. i went to my neighborhood fabric store, Hancock Fabrics and picked up 6 different types of fabric for only $15. amazing! i think the girls there are starting to recognize me and expect that i am going to purchase 10 random types of fabric. i love going in there.
i spent a few hours tonight working on a couple items for my 7 year old cousin, jordan. she and my aunt pammy are big fans of hair treasures, so i wanted to create something really special for jordan. here are a couple things i came up with: 


flutter by.
(for jordan)
{i'd like to take credit for the butterfly, but it was purchased.}



polka-purple-dot.
(for jordan)


No comments:

Post a Comment