Wednesday, September 16, 2009

giving back.

i have been hoping and praying that my humble little endeavor with hair treasures would allow me to give back in some way. i know it might sound silly that hair accessories could somehow make a difference, but i think that anything you're passionate about has the potential to become something greater.

i feel honored to have been invited to submit five of my pieces for a silent auction benefitting Zoe's Bone Marrow Buddies, raising money for the Children's Cancer & Bone Marrow Transplant Units at Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis.

my friend Susan extended this invitation to me, and Zoe's mom works at the real estate office where i work part-time. i feel so blessed to be able to help with a cause that hits so close to home with these co-workers of mine and other kids and families in my hometown.

i can't wait to get to work on some money-makers. the event is a masquerade ball, so i think i'm going to go grand with my donated pieces. so excited!

here are some pictures of my most recent treasures:

winter feathers clip.
$10 (for sale on etsy!)
boho expandable band.
$8 (for sale on etsy!)
pink zebra expandable band. 
$8 (for sale on etsy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment