Thursday, July 8, 2010

piper's wedding collection.

ah! i'm so excited about this post. i have finally finished piper's wedding collection, and i am handing it off to her tomorrow.

this collection has been fun for me from start to finish. i started out with her bridesmaids at a party where they designed their own pieces. then piper sent me a picture of what she wanted, so i had a very specific assignment. now all she needs is a wedding!

the entire bridal party collection (9 bridesmaids and 3 flower girls) : 

6 bridesmaids wanted alligator clips. all of their dresses are different colors, and each girl "designed" her own piece.

a back view of the alligator clips:

two girls chose bobby pins. simple and sweet!

one bridesmaid chose a headband that was already made. yellow was a popular color amongst the girls:

the three flower girls' headbands (tulle rosettes with feather "leaves") :

piper's bridal piece:
(a deconstructed -- and reconstructed -- purple silk flower with a border of polka dot feathers, topped with a piece of vintage embroidered lace, pearls, and a chute of purple feathers. the reverse birdcage veil is special-order russian netting.)

the back: 
(backed with felt and an extra large alligator clip for added security during the big day)

and just to compare, this is the original photo piper gave me. i was on a mission from the start!

here is my lovely sister sporting piper's bridal piece. i think it's pretty close to the original!

a view of the reverse birdcage veil from the back. it will look great in piper's dark hair!

a couple more close-ups of piper's bridal piece:


piper's wedding is in august, and i am really happy for her! she can finally give these gifts to her bridal party and get to the rest of the finishing touches before the big day. i hope to receive some professional photos after the wedding, and i'll definitely post them here! 

thanks for taking a look at this most recent collection, and -- as always -- let me know if you or anyone you know is in the market for some handmade wedding treasures. these are my favorites to do! 

4 comments:

  1. That must be a great feeling to know that your hair treasures will be immortalized in their wedding photos. You did a wonderful job of meeting the bride's specifications. You're awesome.

    And hey, my hair is getting pretty long, soon I can order my own hair treasure. I want a Beret made of solid gold. Can you oblige? I'll be checking Etsy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it's kind of awesome that somewhere down the line their kids might ask what that cuh-razy thing is in their mom's hair at her wedding. i'm happy to live forever through my hair accessories.

    one solid gold beret coming right up!

    ps. please see my comment on your video blog post. it's more in depth about my hopes and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the wedding piece you made that is on Trisha. love love love it

    ReplyDelete