Tuesday, May 25, 2010

is it time to move yet?

i have taken a bit of a hiatus from creating new hair treasures. i think part of the reason is i that i don't have any craft shows lined up for the summer. it's kind of a bummer (a summer bummer, if you will), but it's given me time to focus on getting things ready for my move, and i have also begun operation: summer '10 hot bod. i'll leave that one to your imagination.

all this extra time on my hands has led me to one of my favorite (and most dangerous) pastimes: online shopping. i've been saving my money like a good little girl all year long, and now that i'm getting ready to move into a new place, i'm thinking of ways to spruce it up already.

speaking of new place, here are some photos of my future abode:




it's little and cute and just perfect for gretta and me. all those hardwoods require some rugs, so i decided to see if anything new was on sale at urban outfitters, and lo and behold, i found this little guy: 

a 3x5 rug for $10? yes, please. 
it's sold out now, so this close-up is the only picture i could find. 

my apartment is close enough to campus that i will be able to bike to class! i hope to save a lot on gas and continue operation: hot bod by engaging in these forms of transportation. to make my journey a little more fun and fashionable, i have this coming my way: 

it's called "drippy" from nutcasehelmets.com
i'm just excited to have a helmet that somewhat matches my bike and doesn't have pokey things or make me look like i'm trying to be lance armstrong. 

despite my brief departure from new creations to sell on my etsy store or at craft shows, i am starting a new project this week for jara. i met with her a while ago about her bridesmaids pieces, but now that i have exact colors and inspiration from her bridesmaids' shoes and jewelry, i am ready to make make make! i am also creating her bridal piece, which i can't wait to do! 

that's all for now. enjoy summertime, ok?


1 comment:

  1. My philosophy? It's not a bummer if you can make an awesome rhyme out of it (as you so masterfully did).
    I mean look at Eminem's illustrious catalogue of negative life experiences. Rhyme em, set em to fat beats, and you're a bajillionaire in no time.

    I'm moving this week as well! Although admittedly my new place isn't as cute as yours. I felt really unmanly yet slightly grown up as I priced out shower curtains last night.

    By the way, "Operation:Hot Bod" already appears to be a total success.

    ReplyDelete