Sunday, March 20, 2011

flashback city, USA.

in the words of one of my favorite musicians, jens lekman: this, of course, has nothing to do with anything. 

i was going through some old photos on my computer tonight and came across this little guy circa 1994. i forgot i had this in digital form! yes, it's me posing proudly with my pfaff (still using the same machine 17 years later - definitely time for an update, though we've had some good times together). 


the table is one of those old fold-down machine/table combos that i used until i got this baby. every time i see a similar one in an antique store, it brings me back to my beginning sewing days. i also still use the floral notions box in the photo. my grandma kate gave it to me! 

i started sewing when i was about 7, but this might be the earliest photographic proof of my preferred hobby. (yeah, when everyone else was playing soccer or tap dancing, i was at sewing lessons.) oh, and don't even pretend like you don't love my side ponytail and black turtleneck. i am STILL this cool.

1 comment:

  1. This picture rocks. I started sewing about that age, too. And I have nothing to show for it! Well, I do have a giant quilt that doesn't fit on my bed. But still...Super cool side pony. I totally did that, as well. Sometimes, I crimped my hair first.

    ReplyDelete