Monday, November 8, 2010

BHM, IN, & BFFs.

this weekend my bff's came to visit me here in bloomington. it's always a blessing to have them around, and i'm thankful that we all live close enough that we can have weekends together, even if we can only manage to do it a couple times a year. 

crammed into a stone gazebo window on the IU campus:

we went to the bloomington handmade market, which was just a couple blocks from my apartment. there were quite a few familiar vendors and some new ones that i really loved! i allowed myself to make one purchase, and i found my treasure at kin ship press

it's a canvas print of my homeland, obviously, with all of the counties labeled, and a heart appropriately placed:

like i told the people at their table, hoosiers love indiana. it's true. home is where the heart is, and i love this representation of that comforting thought.


i wanted to hang up my canvas as soon as i got home, but i was having a hard time finding any wall space. oops. abby told me to prop it up on my shelf, and it's pretty perfect that way. 

i was able to see my friend jessi of two seaside babes at the market. i've been lucky enough to do two shows with her and am glad to know her as a member of the indiana crafting community. her shop is amazing, and i have always wanted one of her lovely crocheted creations, but it's hard for me to fork over the cash, especially on my grad school budget. 


but the other day, i woke up to such a pleasant surprise -- i won a contest...without even entering! jessi did a giveaway on her facebook page, and i was the recipient of a $30 credit to her etsy shop. hooray! i placed a special order, and i can't wait to get it! check out her etsy shop to see all of the cute stuff she does.

i really needed this weekend, and i am thankful for it. for lasting friendships and handmade love. 

1 comment:

  1. looks like you had an awesome time! and LOVE the canvas. currently have this dandy of a cutting board on my wishlist:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/61077557/indiana-plyboo-cutting-board

    becuase, when better to think of the sweet homeland then while chopping onions?

    ReplyDelete